1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Baritone Electric Guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by santucci218, Feb 27, 2008.

1. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    I think im going to sell my MTD Z6 and buy one of these, but i dont know what one to check out.

from what i can find theres only like...4!

Italia
    Ibanez Signature
    ESP 7 string
    Fender Jag

None of them seem to fit what i want.

I want 6 strings, i want it to play great and have a full sound...400-600 dollars hopefully...

2. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    the Fender Jag is badass.

also, check out Schecter. the Hellcat VI may be up your alley (though not strictly a baritone), and there's the C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack.

or, for something vintage and cool and mojo-riffic, look into some danelectros!
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

3. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i shall check em out!

i try to lean away from schecter, after having owned 2 of their instruments.

4. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    RIGHT NOW! The new Guitar Player mag has review of like 6-7 Baritones......I just skimmed it last night, well worth reading! The one with Allan Holdsworth on the cover.

5. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    thanks man, ill go pick it up!

6. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

Jul 31, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Theres a company, and there name escapes me right now, that does basically knockoffs of guitars and basses that are no longer in production. They make a mosrite copy with a bigsby thats a baritone. Super sexy. I think its in that price range too.

7. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    When you say 'baritone' what exactly do you want?

There's the 27" scale guitars that are typically tuned B-B or A-A, but there's also the 29" to 30" ones that are tuned either E-E or A-A.

I've had an OLP MM5 (copy of the Musicman Silhouette bass), which is in the latter category, for a few days now. It's good fun, but is a bit muddy in the lower registers, which I think is down to the pickups.

I think the company that bluestarbass was thinking of might have been Eastwood.