Baritone Guitar/6-String Bass Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GobBass, Oct 13, 2006.

1. OLPMM5.gif

You know the OLP MM5,right?

Well, I was wondering...

Is it possible to put a Strat-type tremolo on this?
    Think of the psychadelic sounds it would make.

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    On the "front page" of TB there is a news flash about Kahler and Warwick teaming up to make a 6-string bass vibrato bar. I guess it's on the market right now.

3. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    That's funny, most people(myself included) who play an old-style 6-string bass with a vibrato usually complain about it. It's the reason I sold my Fender BassVI. For many years now I've been playing a Jerry Jones Longhorn BassVI and a Gretsch Synchro BassVI, and while the Gretsch has a vibrato(Bigsby) it stays in tune quite well.

4. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    The string spacing may be wider on this than the Strat, you'd have to compare specs. Also, the work that would require would doubtless cost more than the bass, they're pretty darn cheap. I had one of these, and regret selling it. With the 30" scale it could be a baritone guitar, or a 6 string short scale bass, or whatever you could imagine.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021