1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BARN RAISING!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Eric Rene Roy, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Eric Rene Roy

Eric Rene Roy

Mar 19, 2002
    Mystic, CT
    President: Upton Bass String Instrument Co.
    :help:I'm appealing to all of you for a little help! As some of you know we are building a new workshop. On Gary's property there was a early 1800's Witch-hazel mill foundation which we have received permission from the town to rebuild. This will be an old world post and beam "barn" and we are very excited about it, but we need your help! We are doing a old fashion barn raising and need some strong backs and hands. Come be a part of Upton Bass history!

159 Packer Road, Mystic, CT 06355

Saturday, August 25th
    8am to 4pm Barn Raising
    4pm on Party!

This is an all day event with a party to follow! Please drop by anytime, or better yet, stay all day (and night???)!

This will be a potluck/b.y.o.b. event and families are encouraged to attend (there will be a lot of kids)! We will also have a bluegrass band playing in the afternoon with the bassist bringing his custom UB (a one of a kind hybrid copy of an old American Standard)!

This will be a work day, so come prepared! Work boots and gloves are a good idea, and a change of clothes for the afternoon when the work is done.

Please sign up if your coming at:
    http://www.PerfectPotluck.com
    Coordinator Last Name: Birkhamshaw
    Password: 825

Thanks everybody - See you on the 25th!!

2. Eric Rene Roy

Eric Rene Roy

Mar 19, 2002
    Mystic, CT
    I should add that ALL Upton Bass locations will be closed on Saturday!

3. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Great idea, if I were on the right coast, I'd be there with my medium-strong back and a jug of something that we'd just call "punch"...in the tradition. Good luck, would love to see before, during and after photos.

4. Eric Rene Roy

Eric Rene Roy

Mar 19, 2002
    Mystic, CT
  5. jb27

jb27

Aug 9, 2012
    SW PA
    Wish I could join you guys. I could pick up my bass instead of having it shipped :). Josh left me a message earlier in the week that Jack will be working on it yesterday or today. This explains why Josh mentioned that the shop will be closed Saturday:)

Good luck with the barn raising! Post up some pictures of the event.

Jon