1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Baroni Lab Hi-Tube: Hiwatt DR-Based Tube Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by themeanreds, Apr 28, 2018.

1. themeanreds

themeanreds Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Price:
    $175
    IMG_1943.JPG
    Baroni Lab Hi-Tube Preamp Pedal
    Excellent condition, works perfectly
    Includes power supply and box
    https://www.baroni-lab.eu/shop/pedals/hi-tube-preamp/

The Baroni Lab Hi-Tube is a Hiwatt DR-based, real tube preamp, running the 12AX7 at real voltages. A/B'd with a Ceriatone Hi-Tube 100-an outstanding Hiwatt DR-103 clone-the Hi Tube comes frighteningly close to that sound (and that was with the Hi-Tube) running into a solid state power amp).

One note: This preamp has worked properly with every amp I have tried it with, with the exception of the effects return of my Quilter OD 100. It needs a buffered pedal after it in order to get along with the Quilter. I am not sure if this is because of the design of the Baroni or the Quilter. The Hi-Tube worked fine into the Quilter's standard input, but sounds much better to me through a buffer into the effects return.

Selling only to make room for another Baroni preamp model.

$175/shipped SOLD

Trades:
    Baroni Lab The Plex or SLO preamp
    Peavey Classic 120 Power Amp

Thanks!

Last edited: May 3, 2018