Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

barracuda brand basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geezer316, Apr 25, 2003.

1. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    a few weeks ago i was browsing through e-bay and came across a barracuda p-bass copy for 129.00$. i did'nt give it much thought because no-name copy basses are a dime a dozen,then the other day i was at guitar center and was pawing around the "used" rack and came across a used barracuda bass so seeing how i never played one i gave it a couple whirls around the place and low and behold the bass was fantastic,it was'nt the p-bass clone i had seen it was more like a warwick type bass,it was non-finished tung oil natural wood,active elec,and some type of high mass bridge,when i plaged that puppy in it turned every head in the joint(w/ a little help from N.I.B.,my fav. bass try-out song)this bass was as good as warwick or s/ray i've come across. though its body style is'nt my taste ,if it came in a j or p style of that kind of quality i mite consider adding one to my stable:bassist:

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    dude, barracuda's rock. i was playing the J-bass copy, and it sounded soo perfect. i was playing like 2,000 dollar warwicks in the store, and the barracuda rocked thier socks. if you can afford it, get it. i was trying to get one awhile back, but couldn't find any info on them... if you want it... get it. you probably won't ever find it again.

3. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    are they hard to find? i see them all the time on e-bay (lower end models) but i have only seen 1 "top of the line" model

4. I didn't know they were making something else than cheapo p-bass copies. Do you have any pics?