1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bart 2.3a NTBT kills batteries?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by djlufkin, Oct 6, 2013.

1. djlufkin

djlufkin

Dec 1, 2006
    Running a Bart MME through the two band pre-amp. Pre-amp came mis-wired from factory, fixed that, runs fine, then after 2-3 weeks and not playing frequently at all, the 9 volt is dead.

Wondering if this means I need to run as an 18v? Is the pull position vol staying "on" when pushed in? Not leaving the bass plugged in or anything like that. Have used several 9 and 18v pre-amps and never had this prob.

2. djlufkin

djlufkin

Dec 1, 2006
    also noting a similar discussion re a Marcus M 4. Checking jack also. And noting that the copper shielding tape was running into the jack routing which could cause the black battery terminal to ground in the on state. Removed shielding and tests ok so trying that. all for now thx.

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    This is usually caused by a miswired jack which causes it to stay on whether a cable is plugged in or not.

The push/pull pot has nothing to do with powering the preamp, it's just a signal bypass.

4. djlufkin

djlufkin

Dec 1, 2006
    Thanks! Wiring is always a process of elimination. The oddest part was that the preamp was dead in active mode upon installation and the leads were clearly miss-wired upon inspection. The jack problem I appear to have created myself by pushing the copper shielding into the jack routing.