Bart 2j wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Drop1, Apr 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Drop1

Drop1

Mar 28, 2019
    It looks like they have 3 wiring options.

Series, parallel and cut coil.

I'd like to take advantage of all 3.

Would I need to add 2 3way switches ?

Is there a better way to achieve full function?

2. 4StringTheorist

4StringTheorist Supporting Member

You can do it with one switch. Look for wiring diagrams featuring a "DPDT on-on-on" switch.

This type of switch has 3 positions and can be wired for series - split - parallel. I've got a Bart wired like this in my Ibanez GWB35

3. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    you mean Bart 2J Squared pickups? The options are the same as Bart Dual Coil pickups, but with a difference that all positions are hum-canceling with the 2J Squared, whereas with Dual Coil, some positions are true single coil (thus with humming possibilities).

Options for each 2J Squared pickup with an on-off-on SPDT switch are:
    • inline split coil close to neck
    • series of the 2 inline split coils
    • inline split coil close to bridge
    options for a pair of 2J Squared pickups with an on-off-on DPDT switch are:
    • outer inline split coils
    • all inline split coils are on, with each 2 inline split coils are wired in series
    • inner inline split coils
    options for each 2J Squared pickup with an on-on SPDT switch or a push-pull potentiometer (use two switches or two push-pull pots for a pair of pickups) are:
    • all inline split coils are on, with each 2 inline split coils are wired in series
    options for each of 2J Squared pickup with an on-on-on DPTT switch (use two switches for a pair of pickups) are:
    • all inline split coils are on, with each 2 inline split coils are wired in parallel

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019