Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bart in P-bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Moonchild, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Moonchild

Moonchild

Sep 29, 2003
    Hi again,

I'm about to give my p-bass an upgrade in the form of a new pickup. I know the Bassline quarter pounds are pretty popular, but I was wondering how the Bartolini p-bass pickup sounds? I've so far only found one P-bass PU made by Bartolini, can anyone confirm there's only one? I think it was called the s-8 or something...
    By the way, is this pickup active or passive?
    And last thing, doesn't Bartolini have an official site? I found some site with their name but it was so shoddy it couldn't be a site from a company like Bartolini.

Thanks for answering :)

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
  3. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    I personally use the Nordstrand P pickup in my bass and it seriously rocks!!

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Aside from the 8S and it's brighter variants, I often forget about the classic bass pups which are in a different section on the Bart site. These are passive pups but they also make an active J (9E) so they may make an active P (don't remember off hand). On the used market there are also older Bart P's available.

Some Bart passives have very low output as they were intended for use with a preamp. So if you happen across one of those, you'll know why the output is so low.