1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bart in P-bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Moonchild, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Moonchild

Moonchild

Sep 29, 2003
    Hi again,

I'm about to give my p-bass an upgrade in the form of a new pickup. I know the Bassline quarter pounds are pretty popular, but I was wondering how the Bartolini p-bass pickup sounds? I've so far only found one P-bass PU made by Bartolini, can anyone confirm there's only one? I think it was called the s-8 or something...
    By the way, is this pickup active or passive?
    And last thing, doesn't Bartolini have an official site? I found some site with their name but it was so shoddy it couldn't be a site from a company like Bartolini.

Thanks for answering :)

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
  3. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    I personally use the Nordstrand P pickup in my bass and it seriously rocks!!

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Aside from the 8S and it's brighter variants, I often forget about the classic bass pups which are in a different section on the Bart site. These are passive pups but they also make an active J (9E) so they may make an active P (don't remember off hand). On the used market there are also older Bart P's available.

Some Bart passives have very low output as they were intended for use with a preamp. So if you happen across one of those, you'll know why the output is so low.