1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bart Jazz 9L's - output

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MAGUS®, Jul 28, 2005.

1. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    OXFORDSHIRE - UK
    I have a new pair of 9L's , not yet fitted and out of curiosity, a mate tested them with a multi meter and the results were...

Neck 3 ohm
    Bridge 4.3 ohm

This seems well low - are they normally like that ? They will be teamed up with an Ag OBP-3

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Never heard of 9L's (unless you're referring to 9J long's) but Bart's are typically low output. That sounds a bit much but they are what they are.

3. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    OXFORDSHIRE - UK
    Yup - they're labelled L1 and S1 - so i guess you're right on that. Praps i should have said 9J's -

Ok - i'll live with it :D Maybe my pals multi meter is a bit fubarred :meh:

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW: probably 9J#1 long and short. Pup output really isn't an issue unless you go swapping basses in a set without compensating volumn. You just turn up the amp and/or controls. You're running an onboard preamp with them so that's more compensation for output.

5. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    OXFORDSHIRE - UK
    Yup - correctomundo. Etched on the copper plate underneath each of the pups ... L1 (bridge ) S1 ( Neck )

Well Luk - project is nearly finished so we'll soon know :)

6. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    OXFORDSHIRE - UK
    Its a player Luk - tremendous output,..was rattling the place down and shaking CD's off the shelf. :cool:
    This the first time i've had a bass with Barts and a preamp - dear lord this thing could maim :eek:

7. I think you mean 3K and 4.3K ohm

Yes, they are typically this low, hince the reason for their smooth output charactoristics.

8. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    OXFORDSHIRE - UK
    Yeah i guess thats what the figures mean - electronics and meters are over my head.

I just get to hear the end results and that result is awsome wells ;)

9. It will probably read 4.3 on the display but right below that should be X 1K