Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bart Jazz 9L's - output

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MAGUS®, Jul 28, 2005.

1. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    I have a new pair of 9L's , not yet fitted and out of curiosity, a mate tested them with a multi meter and the results were...

Neck 3 ohm
    Bridge 4.3 ohm

This seems well low - are they normally like that ? They will be teamed up with an Ag OBP-3

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Never heard of 9L's (unless you're referring to 9J long's) but Bart's are typically low output. That sounds a bit much but they are what they are.

3. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    Yup - they're labelled L1 and S1 - so i guess you're right on that. Praps i should have said 9J's -

Ok - i'll live with it :D Maybe my pals multi meter is a bit fubarred :meh:

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW: probably 9J#1 long and short. Pup output really isn't an issue unless you go swapping basses in a set without compensating volumn. You just turn up the amp and/or controls. You're running an onboard preamp with them so that's more compensation for output.

5. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    Yup - correctomundo. Etched on the copper plate underneath each of the pups ... L1 (bridge ) S1 ( Neck )

Well Luk - project is nearly finished so we'll soon know :)

6. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    Its a player Luk - tremendous output,..was rattling the place down and shaking CD's off the shelf. :cool:
    This the first time i've had a bass with Barts and a preamp - dear lord this thing could maim :eek:

7. I think you mean 3K and 4.3K ohm

Yes, they are typically this low, hince the reason for their smooth output charactoristics.

8. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    Yeah i guess thats what the figures mean - electronics and meters are over my head.

I just get to hear the end results and that result is awsome wells ;)

9. It will probably read 4.3 on the display but right below that should be X 1K