1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bart MK1 wiring help for Moron

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rythman6969, Sep 27, 2009.

1. rythman6969

rythman6969

May 29, 2007
    jersEY
    Bart MK1 pups have one red wire and a blck wire connected to a (brass ? ) plate sitting under the pup. I assume that's the ground. The red wire has a white wire in it surrounded by more wire strands. :confused: when soldering the red wire to pots do I only solder the white wire or do both need to be connected?

2. rythman6969

rythman6969

May 29, 2007
    jersEY
    i'v found that the red wire is called single core insulated wire. my mk1 pre has those wires going in a totally different way than the NTMB pre. Still confused.

3. dougray

dougray

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    do you need help with the MK1 pick-ups or the MK1 pre-amp wiring?

4. rythman6969

rythman6969

May 29, 2007
    jersEY
    ok, I know I was unclear. But I have MK1 pups and I'm switching an MK1 pre for an NTMB pre. The diagram for the NTMB shows a pup wire going to a blend pot and a pup wire to be "soldered to ground wire"( for each pup). It shows exactly where to connect to the pot but the other just has that little fork symbol(which I learned meand solder to ground wire). So I think I can solder the ground (black ) wire to any grounded surface and the red wire goes to the center spot on the blend pot. So I stripped the red cover on the wire and pull back the wire strads inside and cut them back. I expose the white wire inside and strip it back and solder it to the pot. But for some reason I'm just getting static. But if I jiggle the red wire where I sldered it , I get some sound here and there and I can't tell what's going on.

5. rythman6969

rythman6969

May 29, 2007
    jersEY
    Nevermind, I figured it out. By looking at the old pre and the new diagram I figured out the wire strands in the single core wire from the pups get twisted up together and soldered to ground tabs on the blend pot with the coresponding pup wire. ( neck pup on the top set and bridge pup on bottom set ). So now my new NTMB pre amp works with the MK1s :hyper: and it is a big improvement. Dead silent. :eek: and quite transparent. Beefy bottom, no hiss at all from highs. it has a push/pull active/passive volume knob. So you can do an A/B comparrison. I like it.