1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bart or Lawrence 5 string precision?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tekhna, Dec 21, 2004.

1. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    They both make 5 string precision pups, any input on which one is better? Lawrence is cheaper, and I know his guitar strings rock. Problem with the stock 5 string precision in right now is the strings are not even. The B and E are weaker than the other three, I would assume due to the issues with 5 string P pups.

2. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I doubt that you'll go wrong either way. One thing I'll say: I also play guitar, and I have Lawrence's PUs on all my guitars. I haven't heard the P-46, but I've never heard a bad PU from Lawrence. (I'm talking about the real guy, www.billlawrence.com, not the guy at www.billlawrenceusa.com, about whom I will not comment.) That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of other good options for your 5 string P; it's just to say that I've had very good experiences with Lawrence, so that if it were me, I'd take a chance on the Lawrence.

3. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004

I love the Lawrence pickups, having put them in my guitar, I just have never tried their bass pickups! I guess I can just trust my guitar experience and go for it! And you are right, no comment needed on the other loser.