Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BART P 4 LEAD W/GROUND ?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by luknfur, Oct 6, 2004.

1. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Bought a Bart P that was supposed to be active but it's passive with the typical Bart 4 lead with ground humbucker style wiring. The only other Bart P I've had (and have) has the typical Bart single coil single lead with ground wiring. I'm trying to identify this puppy and I'm wondering if maybe the wiring is a clue? Obviously on the clueless side here so any feedback would be appreciated.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    interesting. What does it say on the back copper plate? Or is it totally epoxied, like the CB pups?

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Epoxied. No copper plate. Don't say squat. Is it only the Bart CB P pups that are epoxied? Cause the other P I have is expoxy. Never occurred to me the other one (or even this one) could be a CB. I forgot all about those.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    well, the only epoxied ones I've seen have been the CB's. But that doesn't mean that all expoxied are CB's. And the only Bart P CB's I've seen haven't had the four wire.

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW for future reference:

contacted bartolini on this pup and they said all their P's are epoxy and they don't run 4 lead wiring but often players will run it for series/parallel option.

The seller sold this pup as an active but it didn't take long to conclude that wasn't the case. But since I've never had a Bart active I inquired and Bartolini said their actives are the typical active 3 wire setup with the one lead (I think to the battery) run on the outside of the casing. Also that the actives will run without a battery but the output would be audible but very low. I know some actives you don't get squat without a battery.