1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bart Pre in a Smith Burner

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Count Bassie, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Greetings all,

I have a Smith Burner CR4 bass, and the original pre is out of commission. I have been given a Bart NTMB 918F pre assembly and a pair of Bart J (long) p'ups. I'd like to try and leave the original Smith J-p'ups in the bass and get the new pre in there.

The Smith has 4 knobs, and I'll try and keep from drilling any new holes in the bass. I figure I'll need a stack Bass/treble, a Mid switch/knob, Vol and P'up Blend.

So if you have some expertise with Bart pre units I'd be interested to know if I can jig the NTMB to the existing Smith J p'ups. If not I can just stick the Barts in there.

Thanks for any advice, help here.

2. MSIMSBASS

MSIMSBASS

Nov 25, 2007
    Dude,

Keep the Smith electronics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    That big a deal, is it?

Lemme re-do this reply: I'm doing a cheep-fix until I can get $ together for a rebuilt pre from the factory. I have other priorities that really should be first in line, at least as of now. If the Bart sounds good, I'll be in less of a fix until I can afford the Smith rebuild. I'm just asking about the physical practicality of this.