Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bart Preamp from Tobias Renegade

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by lethargytartare, Mar 24, 2005.

1. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    I'm looking for suggestions on how to figure out a preamp's wiring. It's a Bartolini preamp from a Tobias Renegade 4 string, and that's all I have to go on (well, that and the visual characteristics). I've never received replies to the emails I've sent them, so I'm now trying to find anyone who might have a Tobias that I could see pics of to try to figure the wiring out. Or, maybe there's a way to figure out the wires by their resistance/voltage/etc.?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks all!

ltt

2. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    www.bartolini.net has a pretty extensive database on how their stuff is wired. There should be numbers on the modules that will point you to the correct diagram....

3. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Alas I've been through every page on that site and it's not in there :-( Thanks though!

4. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    So I think the preamp is a TC-7 -- everything I can find on Renegades say this is the preamp they have. The configuration is volume-balance (2 pups)-tone, push/pull tone engages the "slap" mode, which is a scooped mid basically, and a switch for series/parallel. So I'm hoping the wires will be simply ground, 9v, tone circuit start and end, and mid switch start and end.

So, still hunting...