Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bart Triple Coils?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Brendan, May 5, 2001.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    hey...looking at more specs for my Pushic Custom (I swear it's coming...just gotta do the whole $$$ thing...). Anyway, I checked up on Barts, and for 6's they list no triple coil (series, parallel, single/phantom). They list Quad coil splittables; is this the same thing? If not, how are they different?

i've heard some people talking about Bart 6 soaps that are triple coils...so what's the deal...? Oh, and for those of you insterested, here's the Electronics as they sit today: (assuming the quad coil can be splitted into the series mode)

ABM SH 966 Piezo Bridge
    Bartolini (2) xxM56C
    Quad Coil- Split into 3
    Series- Parallel- Singe (Phantom)
    2 three way toggles
    Bartolini HR- 5.3 Harness
    Volume- Volume- Bass- Mid- Treble
    Variable Mid center (250hz, 500hz, 800hz) toggle
    Active/Passive switch
    18volt NTMB183G power
    Pan Pot (for Piezo)

6 Pots,
    Large (main)- Volume, Volume, Pan
    Small (EQ)- Bass, Mid, Treble
    4 Toggles,
    Pickup Selector (Bridge- SPS)
    Pickup Selector (Neck- SPS)
    Active/Passive Toggle
    Mid Center Toggle

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I have been investigating Bartolinis for mine, as well.

I know how they moan about not being able to field and respond to questions about their products, (what a screwy way to run a business! That online catalog is a pain, too!). However, Bass Northwest seemed willing from their email to me to field any questions I had about Bartolinis, since they are a dealer.

3. DP Custom

DP Custom DP Custom Basses

Feb 7, 2001
    NC, USA

the Bart Quad coils are comnpletely different animals...
    The triple coils ARE listed.. you must have missed them..
    they are M56E and M56EX

(for answers, trust in your luthier)
    Dave P.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Jeez, with all the knobs and switches on that thing, the top of it's going to look like a Mackie 1604. Hope you're not spending much on the wood ... you ain't gonna see much of it.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well Munji...I always wanted to fly fighter jets!:D

Ok..now see this? [​IMG] That's five pots, three toggles. I'm going to add one knob and one toggle, and group them more tightly together. It won't be THAT bad...and if I stack the three EQs and the Piezo Pan, then it's only be 4 pots, 4 toggles. See? I don't think it'd be like the control panel of a Nuclear Sub or anything.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    And Dave...I'm probably going to simplify that a bit, so don't get TOO worried just yet..:D