1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bartolini 5.2A And Lakland Question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Bonafide, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Bonafide

Bonafide Rodney Gene Junior Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin
    Artist for: Nick Silver Pickups, Free The Tone Effects, Carr Amplifiers, PG Music BIAB, Ethos OD +
    *** SOLVED*** Yes. Does anyone know if the Bart 5.2A pots will be a direct fit for Lakland 55-02? (Considering the Lakland comes stock with a Bart pre) Particularly utilizing the same knobs that come on the lakeland now. (In other words, I can't tell whether these 5.2A pots require a set screw).

This Lakland has had a Demeter pre installed and I would like to put it back to orignial. The 5.2A seems to be the closest I could find unless someone can point me something else.

Many thanks and many blessings!

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I have a Bart 5.2AP in my 55-01 and my tech had to route the hole for the push/pull mid pot just a mm wider for it to fit, Everything else fit perfectly.

3. Bonafide

Bonafide Rodney Gene Junior Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin
    Artist for: Nick Silver Pickups, Free The Tone Effects, Carr Amplifiers, PG Music BIAB, Ethos OD +
    Thank you! That is great to know and prepare for. Appreciate your input!~ Also how do you like the 5.2A? Much different than the stock Lakland / Bart pre in the 55-01?

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Much more musical sounding. I don't like extreme boost or cut in my preamps. I considered the Aguilar but they have way too much bass boost for my taste. I plan to change out the pickups as well.