Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bartolini 9W4Js!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jacochops, Mar 20, 2004.

1. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I have been looking for these for quite some time now...I finally scored a set of these from a guy in Kansas! I got them in mint shape for 100 bucks! Normally, I wouldn't buy a used set of pickups for that much, but these are REALLY hard to find. I used to have a set of these a couple of years ago and I regrettably sold them. They're a quad coil pickup in a jazz bass shape. IMO, the best j pickup they made. Unfortunately, they stopped making them about a year or so ago.
    Anyone else out there use these or have an extra set laying around? Do you like them? What basses are they in? This set is going into my 4 string rosewood R Bass. :bassist:

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    I think a set sold on ebay within the last couple weeks, for sure the last month. Thought about bidding on them but didn't have a J set up at the time anyway.

3. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I had a set in a fretless, and a fretted alder body j bass. My friend has them in an ash bodied j style.

They're big and fat and I love them, they don't sound vintage but they sound goooooood!