1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bartolini and EMG dual-coill soapbars?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by stanceyu, Mar 21, 2006.

1. I know that most of you are sort of “allergic” to posts like: "EMG vs. Bartolini", but I just wanted to gather what I’ve found so far about these pickups, and to check with you guys once again before I decide what to buy.
    So, EMG DC35 is bright, (“trebleish” kind of PUs), less bottom, compared to Bartolini M34C series? Right/Wrong :confused: ?
    EMGs installed on different instruments, tend to sound similar (due to built in preamp :eyebrow: ) compared to Bartolini?
    Is there anything more?

2. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    EMGs are active and Barts are passive and that's huge. Barts and EMGs are the most different pickups I've ever heard in person. EMGs are always very trebly and don't have the professional quality, being so hi-fi sounding, that Barts tend to have. I prefer Barts with a Bart preamp that can switch between active/passive. It's the best of both worlds, IMHO.

-Eric.