1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bartolini Classic Bass (CB) Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by WillEVee, Mar 20, 2013.

1. WillEVee

WillEVee

Feb 19, 2013
    Ohio
    Anybody able to give a review on these?
    I'm interested in the PJ - deep tone.
    Thanks!

2. WillEVee

WillEVee

Feb 19, 2013
    Ohio
    NOBODY has any input on these pups?

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I don't own those but I do have a set of Classic Series Single Coils in my Jazz bass and a set of MK5 Classic Series humbuckers in my Lakland. I love Bartolini pickups. Nothing else, in my opinion has such a clear and well defined sound, at least to my ears! I do own a P/J that I plan to put a set of Barts in.

4. WillEVee

WillEVee

Feb 19, 2013
    Ohio
    A pj is exactly what I'm considering putting them in.

5. Petezzz

Petezzz

Jan 15, 2013
    London, UK
    Just bought a Roscoe 6 string bass with these pickups. Plays and sounds beautiful. My main bass for last 30 years is a Wal 4 string. Then I got a Precision 5 string (because as you know nothing sounds like a P bass). Then wanted to try the challenge of a 6 string, went to Bass Direct UK - tried a few and as soon as I plugged this in it played and sounded better than anything else. You can tell this bass has been made with care by someone who knows what they're doing. So to answer your question these pickups are extremely good - in my experience second only to a Wal. How much of the sound is due to the included Bartolini pre amp I don't know - I have also heard these are v good.

6. highway

highway

Aug 20, 2008
    i have the 9CBJD1s, which are the dual coil deep J set . . .

they are pretty cool, but it depends on what you are going for . . . not sure if i would buy them again, personally.

i would go with bill lawrence for P/J myself . . . and the Dimarzio Model J if i did a jazz bass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkzUDupAdxI