1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bartolini Coil Switching 2 pickups in a single switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Andy_D, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Andy_D

Andy_D

Nov 28, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
    OK, I've searched and found a lot of discussion on this. I have a DPDT on hand On-On-On and a Digikey 4DPT switch. I'd llike to wire Series / Parallel / Outer coils.

I think the 4DPT is almost like having 2 mini-switches in one and is probobly the one I need to use but I'm not sure how to wire. I have a pair of Bart MK4's I'm installing in my Lakland 4401

A solid wiring diagram would be much appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

2. Andy_D

Andy_D

Nov 28, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
    OK, I have found this on the 4 DPT switch;

[​IMG]

and then we have this on the regular 3 way ON-ON-ON switch;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXc3aHWcStPuub6C7s-SWYAvngCCq-fK_liKc5OlxQWfS29L4tdA.

Which does lead me to believe that the 4 DPT switch can be thought of as (2) 3-way (on-on-on) mini switches in the same package by combining Example 1 and Example 2 below. each example would take up 1/2 of the switch;
    [​IMG]

I would use Example 1 for the neck PU and Example 2 for the bridge. Anyone out there with more experience than myself care to take a gander and see if my logic looks to be correct.

3. That is correct.

4. Andy_D

Andy_D

Nov 28, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Thank you. Wish it were easier to find some of this information. I really had to dig and do some research on this.

5. Andy_D

Andy_D

Nov 28, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
    I mapped out the wiring for Barts to the 4 DPT switch. Hopefully this help the next person who needs this. The wiring Diagrams above are different colors than the Bartolinis. I got mine together but something wasn't quite right so I sat down and mapped everything out for my MK4's. Will re-solder tomorrow.

[​IMG]