1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bartolini / Cort Curbow / Slap Switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by LouieLouie, Nov 23, 2010.

1. The "Slap Switch" kicks the gain up a few notches but, apparently, bypasses the Lo/Mid/Hi controls. As both my 4 and 5 string instruments operate the same way, I'm sure neither is 'broken'.
    If you have one of these, post a suggestion as to how to take advantage of this Slap Switch 'feature' and, further, the process you've used to set the 'Overall Gain' and 'Slap Depth' pots.
    Thanks

2. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I believe it won't help much, but I used to own one of these and ended up not using the slap switch at all...

3. Thanks. I thought I had something set wrong. I guess I should have asked Greg when he was still with us.

4. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I believe it's just a mid scoop/gain boost.

5. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    I believe there's a screwdriver access at the back to tweak the amount of scoop as well.

I never used the slap setting on my Cort Curbow.

EDIT: Oh, right, as mentioned above.

I am not sure about this, but i think the "overall gain" setting doesn't affect the gain when the slap switch is on, so you can match your gains that way.

6. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

I never used it either.