Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bartolini Electronics

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by wombolombo, Nov 14, 2005.

1. wombolombo

wombolombo

Nov 29, 2003
    Raleigh, NC
    Anyone have experience with Bartolini's electronics? Either with or without their pickups?

I like all of the different configurations, and the fact that the mid-selector will boost 250K.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I've had a couple NTMB and one or two of the NTBT's, and several of their old TCT's. For 3 band NTMB I liked it fine and found the mid switch to be more than adequate - and simple. Seems you can alter the frequencies by changing the resistors and page has a page for that. Usually has an internal gain control which can be useful as well.

Used them with and without Barts and both work fine. Won't fit in a small control bay though - preamp, mid, and battery take up some space.

There's some fairly consistent concensus on a variation from the OBP-3 - ones a little brighter or something like that. Aggie is smaller with variable mid option if you want it, not if not.

There's more detail on my experience in the Dimento onboard preamp experiment in the FAQ section of the forum. Also there's been numerous related threads on TB that could be located with a search. harmonycentral.com seems has reviews on them in ther User Reveiws section - also a google search will bring up as much and more.

Basically, will get the job done though with plenty of boost cut.