1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bartolini equipped FLEA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by emielow, Mar 21, 2006.

1. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    Are the bartolini equipped flea basses really less FAT sounding then a lane poor equipped flea bass?

please post some sounfiles of a flea bass with a bartolini pickup please!!

2. simongpaez

simongpaez Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2005
    The Woodlands , Texas

Don't know compared to LP but I have compred them vs Basslines and there is a significant difference,also consider the preamp I won't recommend Bart either, Aguilar OBP way better.

3. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass

I have a FLea w/lane poor and i agree that i wouldnt recom. the Bart pre.. i ditched it for an obp. i also have a friend that no has a flea with a bart(his flea had a Basslines.. but got ran over by a van... the pups were smashed in to the body along with the knobs... so when he got it all repaired he put a bart in.. sadly this is a true story.. :scowl: ) i can try to a side by side with the two if i can catch him.

4. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    please post some soundfiles then!

5. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005

ok i did mines.. Modulus Flea Lane Poor MM obp3 pre.. If i cant get my friend over in the next week its prolly going to be 2months before i get a chance. im going on a trip to oregon and cali.. so hopfully if i dont get one someone else here will post a clip. pardon my playing skill.. or lack of it.

Attached Files:

6. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    ok thanks!

anybody else with a flea bass with a bartolini pickup? please post your soundfile here!

7. john flipcycle

john flipcycle

Oct 13, 2004
    Reading UK
    Partner, The Strat Shack www.thestratshack.co.uk
    Here is my modulus flea 4. Its a 3 band bart pre with the bart pup too. I love it! Wouldnt consider changing it for anything else. I have the seymour stingray pup installed in my other bass and its great but the combination in the flea sounds great to my ears. Apologies for dodgy playing and an abundance of reverb, just getting used to doing recording at home :)

8. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005

ah very nice. your recording quality is much better then mines...:help:

9. 12bass

12bass

Jan 2, 2003
    Victoria, Canada
    Very nice tone, and great playing too! I like that it is melodic, and not a bunch of slap riffs....

10. john flipcycle

john flipcycle

Oct 13, 2004
    Reading UK
    Thanks! Your comments are very kind. Its a couple of bars from a bach cello suite. I wish I could say the music is my original playing but its certainly not!

Its only the flea (set flat) into my little focusrite sapphire interface with a little compression and reverb. The pre on the interface is excellant for the size and cost of the unit.

Glad the recording helped :)

11. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    can you play some funky things, and slapping with the bart? thats what i'm playing, no bach, but it sounds great!

12. john flipcycle

john flipcycle

Oct 13, 2004
    Reading UK
    Day off today so sure, give me an hour or two.........

13. john flipcycle

john flipcycle

Oct 13, 2004
    Reading UK
    I dont normally do any slapping so here goes......... dont hate me!!!!!!!!!! Same set up as before.

14. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    thanx,

i think the 'thin' sound will become fatter if you play it live on a huge stack :confused:

15. emielow

emielow

Jan 18, 2004
    and somebody with a SD basslines pickup? soundfile?

16. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    That's not a bad clip, sound pretty good.