1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Bartolini-fied Douglas 846....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fretweld6, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Fretweld6

Fretweld6

Jan 18, 2014
    I just installed Bartolini 69j L-LN along with a HR 4.6 918 FL preamp on my WEB-846 and some F Bass strings....... WOW what an amazing bass now!!!!

2. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    No love in two years. :rollno:

I have one of these and just had it painted (by my drummer). Before paint and with old strings, I thought it sounded and played like a $500 bass (this means I was quite impressed by it.) Now it looks, plays AND sounds like a $1K bass - and I'm not exaggerating! Strung mine with a .142 hybrid balanced set from Kalium and it just kills. Only mod I'd do on it would be to change out the bridge for a little wider spacing.

The pickups and preamp have a very aggressive tone to them. This was through my friend's Trace Elliot rig; need to run it through amps I'm currently using to really try it out. Got it used for $80 before paint - what a great buy.

Raz

Old Blastard likes this.
  3. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    WEB 846?
    Edit: just looked it up on Rondo. Nice bass. I love my two Douglas basses

4. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    yoda_nopic_on_thread.jpg

RodRy and Leiria like this.
  5. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Yeah, I know the rulz. Pics tomorrow in good lighting.

Raz

Flaked Beans likes this.
  6. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Pics, finally...

Attached Files:

7. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Dear lord, that bass looks awesome! Congrats!

Rodney Fritz likes this.
  8. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Wow I dig that purple and black pattern and matching head (thank goodness!) She's a beauty ... deserving of a name.

Rodney Fritz likes this.
  9. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Thanks for the compliments. A name? Hmm, I dunno, the Purple People Eater maybe? Lol - any other ideas?

Btw - going to rock it in church tomorrow, should be a lot of fun. I need to wear my purple dress shirt.....

Raz

catcauphonic likes this.
  10. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Bumping an older thread (I know, I have a bad habit of doing this that I just can't shake) but rather than create a new thread, here goes...

I'm using the Douglas most of the time now, and except for three songs, I used it this past weekend in a concert (for whoever is interested in hearing what they sound like in a live context):

catcauphonic likes this.
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021