1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Bartolini Jazz Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by NOT, Mar 29, 2015.

1. NOT

NOT

Jul 15, 2011
    Price:
    $45.00
    Hey man,

I have a couple of Mystery Jazz pups that I'm looking to sell. The header says they're Barts. And the original owner said they were. But their is some debate to their namesake. So, let's change this post a little bit. Don't know the specs on 'em. They're loud, and they growl.

$45 shipped ConUS

- Todd

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  2. Spfairchild

Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    Hey man,

If you post a pic of the underside of those pickups, they might have the Bartolini code that can help distinguish what they are. There are many possibilities, and usually people will only be looking for one type. Also, if you can list the length of each, it would be helpful - some basses use a shorter neck pickup, some use the same (longer length) bridge length pickup in both positions. I'm personally looking for a CBJD set for 5 string with both pickups the longer length, 3.73". Thanks!

3. NOT

NOT

Jul 15, 2011
    As requested.

Attached Files:

4. Spfairchild

Spfairchild

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    Thanks! Those must be older, I don't see the scratched model code in what I expected to be the brass plate on the bottom. But they do appear to both be the longer, 3.73" bridge length. Also specifically 4 string pickups with that magnet configuration, so they're not a bar magnet config like the 9J1s or CBJD. Hopefully that helps someone who may need these :)

5. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    they look more like 91mm traditional neck length pickups to me.

6. moonshinegtrs

moonshinegtrs Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    Owner: Moonshine Custom Guitars
    Are you 100% sure that those are Bartolini?

Moonshine :bassist:

7. LHbassist

LHbassist Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Reno, Nevada
    Those pickups are not Bartolinis. Bartolinis are -all the ones I've seen in 40 years repairing basses, completely encased in black proprietary material, and have a copper baseplate where the terminals for the leads come out. You cannot see pole pieces from the underside. Those look a bit like DiMarzios, but I cannot tell. Generic Asian made pickups look like those, too.
    45 bucks is not out of line for a good sounding set of pickups... even if they're not Barts.

moonshinegtrs likes this.
  8. NOT

NOT

Jul 15, 2011
    Hmm... I purchased these on TB, and the seller said they were Barts.. But I'll fix this thread, 'cause I'm not able to verify.

Thanks for the input!