Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bartolini M34C vs EMG HZ35

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Jun 12, 2004.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Im up to deciding what pup to put in my bass that im making. It will have only one passive pickup in the sweet spot, similar to a Cort Curbow. Ive narrowed it down to these to pickups. The Bartolini M43C and the EMG HZ35.

The bart is a copy of the EMG, i know, but is it a better thn the original? What are some pros and cons about both? The EMG will cost me $159 and the Bart will cost me $125, so price difference isnt really extreme.

Thanks!
    -Kirbo

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    For What It's Worth:

I had a set of Bart M34C's in a Schecter Elite 4 (Mahogany neckthrough). Came in a passive set-up that was too dark to be of use. Tossed in a Bart TCT preamp and XTCT-LZ with no change. Wired it passive 2 tone 2 volume ala Les Paul and dropped in a couple of capacitors that were miles apart and put in a DPDT switch so that it ran inside coils, outside coils, and humbucking and it was an extremely useable, versatile combination. No experience with the EMG