1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bartolini MK-1 Are they humbuckers?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dubbroc, Oct 2, 2010.

1. dubbroc

dubbroc Guest

Aug 26, 2010
    California, San Jose
    Hello,
    I have the Bartolini MK-1's that came with the lakland 55-01, I know that they are made offshore, split coil soapbars. What I'm wondering is if they are considered humbucking pickups. I'm putting a N-tuner on my guitar and I need to find out if it would need a 250k for single coil pickups, or a 500k for humbucking pickups.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank You!

2. ex-tension

ex-tension

Jun 11, 2009
    From the N-Tune website:

So, if you check your 55-01 probably you're gonna see a 25K volume pot. Which is connected at the output of the MK1 preamp module (not to the pickups). So, neither model is suitable for this configuration.

The 55-01 is an active bass. Probably the one you need is "comming soon, N-Tune active series".

ps: split coil pickups are humbuckers by their nature.

MK1 diagram:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=173185&d=1278515553

3. dubbroc

dubbroc Guest

Aug 26, 2010
    California, San Jose
    Thanks Ex-tension. There is actually a way to modify the passive N-Tune for active. If your curious about it check here:
    http://www.ntune.com/main/willntuneworkforme

I just found out that the preamp (LH-3) I'm installing on the 55-01 is 250k, so it would use the 250k n-tune.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021