Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bartolini mk-1 for a cort curbow

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RockStar571, Oct 24, 2002.

1. where can you find one of these things?...mine finally died and my cort is my favorite bass so time for a new pickup..it's not listed on bart's website so i'm at a loss

2. buuuuump

3. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I don't think that the MK-1 is a pickup that is sold through retail outlets... you may have to contact Cort or maybe if you contacted Bartolini aside from looking at the website? Also, have you thought about replacing the pup with a regular Bart pickup?

P@

4. well i can't find one that will fit

5. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    ???? what are the dimensions on you pickup? Is it a 4our or five string (or even six)?

P@

6. it's a 4 string and it's 2.5 in X 1.5 in

7. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I don't think they make an American made pickup with the same dimensions as the MK-1. If they do it is not listed on their web page.

8. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah, the size of my MK-1's on my lakland 55-01 doesn't really match up with the barts either... does another company make some pickups that would match up with your size better?

P@

9. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    somebody else was looking for one recently. do a search.
    i think mr. curbow himself said to contact him, he had them.

10. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I've never heard of a pickup just dying. Is that a regular thing? Especially considering the Cort Curbows didn't come with Bart pups until a year or two ago it's hard to imagine such a new pickup failing so quickly. Have you checked the battery?

11. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

I had one of the MK-1 pups on my Lakland Skyline 55-01 go bad on me... sent it back to lakland and they swapped out the pups in no time! Maybe you should see if there is a warrantee on the bass, a factory service center nearby? Contact Cort to see about them fixing it...

P@

12. Curbow

Curbow

Aug 1, 2002
    I have all the replacement Stuff you need...
    Including the Bartolini Dual coil and Four coil, These are a direct fit for the Cort/Curbow!
    Just call Me!
    Greg Curbow

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ain't hands-on service grand!? :D