Bartolini MK1 18V upgrade?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by StathisBass, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Hi guys. I own a 2008 Cort B5 Artisan which I love. Great bass, not just for the price but in general the features that it has and the sounds that I can get out of it whether it's metal (I play in a Death Metal band) or blues, jazz etc, this bass covers it all.

I was wondering though. I'd like to do some upgrades on it, starting from the electronics. Would an 18v upgrade be worth it? Would it change/improve the sound of the bass? Is it even possible on these electronics? Are there any other upgrades that you'd recommend for this model?

Thanks in advance!

2. saabfender

saabfender Inactive

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Would that mod change the sound? Yes. Would it improve it? Who knows?

3. Of course someone wouldn't know if he hasn't tried it. I was looking for people who would've tried it to tell me their opinion.

4. saabfender

saabfender Inactive

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Nobody’s tried those pickups on that particular guitar with strings you like through your rig played by you.

5. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

Keep in mind the MK1 really has nothing to do with Bartolini, it's actually an Artec or something like that and has nothing in common with the actual Bart preamps that can be run at 18v. Best thing to do is replace it with a real Bart pre that is designed to run at 18v.