1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bartolini MK5CBC/Audere ?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by allenhumble, Dec 8, 2006.

1. allenhumble

allenhumble Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    I have a lakland 55-01 and am considering upgrading the pups and preamp. At first I was thinking of going with Nordstrand DC which dont fit exactly (little smaller) and an ASudere pre. I just found that Bartolini acctually makes a DC replacment for the MK1 called the MK5CBC. Does any one have any input on a DC bart pup paired with an Audere pre. or do you think I should go with the NTNB pre?:meh:

2. I have this exact situation. It depends on what you like.

I have a 55-01 with an Audere and it roars ... but the tone is totally uncolored. It sounds just like MK1 pups on steroids. Some people would prefer the Bart NTNB preamp because (at least to my ears), the Bart preamp darkens the tone somewhat.

For more of my impressions, check out this thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288671

3. billbern

billbern

Sep 11, 2004
    Daytona Beach, Fl
    Endorsing: Inearz In-ear Monitors
    i've got a 55-01 with an NTMB-L. i like the sound it has to offer, but i wanted a few more sounds. so, i have a set of Nord DC's on the way, they're in the USPS system now. i don't know when i'll get them or how long it will take me to install them, but i'll post with a review when it's complete. i'm planning on Nord DC's, each wired P/S/Single coil (outer coils), NTMB-L.
    Bill

4. allenhumble

allenhumble Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Does anyone have experience with the MK5CBC pickups?