1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BARTOLINI MMC vs MM4CBC (Classic Bass)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by digitalstudio, Jun 28, 2012.

1. digitalstudio

digitalstudio

Jun 28, 2012
    Im new to this forum and building a warmoth jazz bass with 2 mm routes. I going to geteither these 2 pup and a bart 3 band obp... Does anybody know what if difference in BARTOLINI MMC vs MM4CBC (Classic Bass) pup are?? I know on best bass gear site it says MMC (deep tone) MM4CBC (Classic Bass) and MM4CBC are clearer and crisper but is there a big difference? I cant find and more info online...

2. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    The Classic Bass series is based on the old Hi-A pickups. They will have a brighter tone than the "Original" series. The deep tone pickups are one of the ones that some people find to be dark sounding with softer smoother highs.

3. digitalstudio

digitalstudio

Jun 28, 2012
    ok thanks for you help, that gives me a better image of what it sounds like..Im not looking for that vintage 70 sound..Im looking for a modern funk slap sound ie: marcus miller and also a "jaco" burpy sound when on the bridge pup.....which pup do you think is the best choice??? MMK , mmc or mmx?? I know I wont get the exact same sound with MM pup but im look to get as close as possible...thanks

also I have a modulus graphite neck.