1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bartolini NTCT preamp schematics/wiring diagram?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by klocwerk, Jan 17, 2006.

1. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    Bart's website came up with one wiring diagram that's too small to read. yay.
    I faxed them, since they don't have e-mail apparently, still waiting for a response.
    Talkbass search came up with one other guy asking for this about 2 years back with no luck.

Anyone been able to dig anything up on this preamp? Even just pinouts would be very helpful so I can figure out what's what.
    :help:

2. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    lots of googling just turned up a link to this PDF from a japanese website. It's not linked as a NTCT schematic from Bart's website.
    NTCT_Onboard

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

Don't know about the Japanese thing but that is Bart's diagram whether it's linked or not and it used to be on their site if it's still not. That's probably 80% of what they had listed if not all of it. I've got the hard copies and it's the same stuff. You can figure out whatever you need from that. What happens a lot with those is the pre gets seperated from the mid unit and I've never seen a mid unit for sale alone. You can use that trim pot deal but I tried wiring one was a two band once (which I'd heard you could do) and I had no luck with it.

I had one that came with the MTC mid unit, one without, and one with pot/mid unit that looked like a miniature nuclear power plant - worked like one too. Still have that reactor.

4. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    It's on bart's site, so I assume it's their diagram. It isn't linked to from anywhere on their site that I could find, just floating in their webspace.
    It definitely appears that you need their little mid box to use it as a 3-band, but if you just bypass that section it'll work as a two-band. The guy I got it from (Luke Sheridan on TB) was using it perfectly well as a 2-band.

Once I wire it up and test it I'll post a schematic for using it as a 2-band.

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    I'd heard that but I tried everything I could think of and it's not like they're that many options. If you use that trim pot and caps it's essentially a two band cuase you don't have adjustment of the mids without gong into the control bay. The NTMB page has a list of resistor/cap values to change mids and I may have been able to rig a mid switch to vary mids onboard but I didn't mess with that.

6. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    Whipped up a schematic bassed on the above listed PDF.
    here's how I'll be wiring. I'll check back in once it's done with an update.

[​IMG]