bartolini ntmb dimensions

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Threeviews, May 23, 2005.

1. Apologies in advance if this information is readily available in an obvious place; I haven't been able to find it so far. Could someone report the dimensions of the Bartolini NTMB and/or NTBT preamp units (not including pots/wires, "harness," etc.)? I'm trying to draw up a cavity rout and don't have the preamp yet. Thanks...
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

don't have one any more but my Bart hard copy lists it as 2/3's the size of a 9v battery and the mid unit at 1/3 smaller than the size of the pre - so roughly 1 1/3 the size of of 9v ballpark. The NTBT is the same size as the NTMB unit in my recall but you won't have to deal with the mid unit. The EMG BTC is a good alternative and has 1" square PCB mounted to a stacked pot - takes up very little additional space with the PCB - but is sometimes a problem if the desired pothole is located at a curve in the control bay.

If space is that tight, you might give some thought to the OBP-3 for a 3 band. A jammed cavity is unnecessary grief.

If you can't put 3 9v's in the control bay or 2 with room to spare, you'll have a problem cause the wires coming immediately out of the pre and mid are stiff and require additional space beyond the dimensions of the units. And of course - all those wires will be running around in the control bay in the road.