bartolini P pickup wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jaguarcat311, May 16, 2005.

1. does anyone have a wiring diagram for a bartolini P pickup? i actually just need to know which pins on the pickup are for what, i know how to do the rest of the wiring, there are 3 pins, and im not sure if each piece of the pickup is 1 or 2 coils so i dont know if the pins are start - finish - ground, or north start - bridge - south finish.
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

I don't have a Bart P anymore but I was thinking they only had two pins each, but maybe it's two on one and one on the other. If one has two pins and one one, the two pin goes toward neck.

You can wire Bart P's 4 wire like DM's come by the way (for series/parallel if you want), although they're not factory wired from Bart that way.

Take a meter and stick it to the pins and see if you get continuity, if you do then you should have you coils leads. If you have 3 and don't get continuity with one, the one is ground. But usually Bart runs a ground from the end coil to the copper backing plate. Can't remember but seems the P's are epoxy backed.

Do the same for the other half and if there's only one pin tie it in with the right side pin ( looking on the face reading Bartolini - which would put that lead to the control bay side) of the other half.

Just keep in mind all it can be is a beginning and end of the coil for each half and you have to have a ground.

If you get a wierd out of phase like thing - swap the leads of one pup - or the equivalent.

Somebody out there's bound to have a Bart laying around they can just look at and skip the guess work.

Another idea is to go to ebay and pull up a Bart P - there's a good chance there will be a pick of the back. Be sure to check completed auctions as well.

I've got a Bart P coming but it's an active 8TC and will do you no good.
  3. bassmanjames

Apr 3, 2009
    I just got a Bart 8TC, but am not sure how to wire it, can you help?