1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Bartolini P4 Quad Coil pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by emjazz, Feb 23, 2017.

1. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Price:
    Selling my used Bartolini P4 size quad coil pickups. These are the deep tone version.

You want low mid emphasis with even response from string to string and airy highs? I had previously had the dual coils in other basses, but the quads are more open sounding. Wonderful pickups.

These have spent their life solely in my 6 string bass. You can see that the tops are a bit worn. They are 100% fully functional pickups.

These go for nearly $400 new. I'm selling mine for $225 shipped in the ConUS. I will ship outside of the US but buyer pays full shipping. 20170223_101030. 20170223_101049.

I'd totally be down for some ebs flat patch cables plus cash for a trade! Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    pudge and mikezimmerman like this.
  2. fruitlabor

fruitlabor Gold Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2007
    I'm interested. Are these bar pickups or for individual string spacing. I have a 5 string with P4 routing capabilities. Can I get more pictures.

3. fruitlabor

Apr 6, 2007
    What I guess is a better way of asking. Are these magnets across the whole pickups

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    They are bar magnets and they will most certainly work for a 5 string. As long as you have a P4 size pickup they will work.

Let me know what you may need for pictures. Thanks!

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    More pictures...
    20170223_150501. 20170223_150417. 20170223_150430.

6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Also keep in mind that these can be wired for series, parallel, single coil (humcanceling I believe because it's a quad coil pickup) or any combination of these with a switch.

7. fruitlabor

Apr 6, 2007
    Do you have a wiring diagram?

8. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Go here and press "4 conductor wiring diagram" near the top...
    Pickups Wiring Diagrams | Bartolini Pickups and Electronics

It says dual coil wiring, but it's the same for the quad coils, just with humcanceling for the single coil setting (Bartolini doesn't make the 6 conductor quads any longer).

9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Still available.

10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Price drop to $225 shipped.

11. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Feel free to make an offer. Would love to get these sold.