Bartolini pickup wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by FJR Rider, Sep 3, 2010.

1. FJR Rider

FJR Rider

Dec 8, 2008
    Phoenix
    Hello All, apparently I really suck at bass wiring AND searching for information, because this problem is stumping me. I've replaced plenty of pickups before, but this issue is a new one for me. Now that the disclaimer is out of the way... :D

I picked up a pair of Bart 59J1 L/LN pickups to put in an active Warwick Rockbass. When I got the bass, it was sans-pickups, so I don't know what was in there previously, and I have no reference to check.

The wiring diagram that came with the pickups shows a passive J configuration, but I can't find any information on how to integrate these pickups (single coil?) into the active circuitry of this bass.

Any help you guys could offer would be mucho appreciado

:help:

:bassist:

2. jymyben

jymyben Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2007
  3. FJR Rider

FJR Rider

Dec 8, 2008
    Phoenix
    Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, all the active bass diagrams show multi-wire active pickups, not the 2-wire configuration of the Barts.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021