Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bartolini pickups with Aguilar Preamp?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Obsdian, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Is it possible to have a different brand of preamp than the pickups? For example, can I have Bartolini pickups but a Aguilar preamp? I'm rather new to pickups so please excuse my incompetence.

2. Okay, here's my current setup. I have a Carvin LB76WF with stock electronics. They include: Master volume (with pull passive switch), blend, and 3 band EQ. What model of Bartolini pickups and what model Aguilar preamp should I put in. The tone I'm aiming for is Zon-esque, clear, defined, and fat, yet still versatile. Is there any combination of Barts and Aggs that can give me that?

3. TRU

TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    I think no one can answer that. It depends solely on how the bass sounds acoustically. If it has good woods you'll get good results with any PU/electronics combination. Though the clearness of ZON composite neck may not be achieved at all, you could try a set of "bright" Bartolinis.