1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bartolini pre-amp questions...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by scott_barrett, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Hey all!

Two questions about the Bartolini pre-amp system in my Pedulla Rapture.

1. It is currently a 9v system. Can I rewire it to 18v and will it give me extra headroom? Is it worth it?

2. The new pre-amps that are available these days have the ability to go Active/Passive? Can I wire in a switch or new Volume control to do this, or should I get the new pre-amp? I currently have the NTBT.

Should I just get a whole new pre-amp?

Thanks!

SB

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    1. How old is your bass?

2. The old preamps can go active / passive too. Bartolini offer more these days in the way of prewired harness options.

I have a Pedulla Rapture P/J 5, the space for a push / pull pot (and another 9v battery) underneath the pickguard is pretty tight. It can be done though.

3. Bass is a 2001 model.

Could this just be done with a dipswitch on the oursite?

I have the same bass as you, and there is a ton of room under that pickguard. I could get like 5 batteries in there...different routing maybe?

I think the passive tone on this bass would be nice if I could get a way to switch to it. I believe my current volume knob has a circuit board beneath it, so it is not replaceable.