Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bartolini pre-amp questions...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by scott_barrett, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Hey all!

Two questions about the Bartolini pre-amp system in my Pedulla Rapture.

1. It is currently a 9v system. Can I rewire it to 18v and will it give me extra headroom? Is it worth it?

2. The new pre-amps that are available these days have the ability to go Active/Passive? Can I wire in a switch or new Volume control to do this, or should I get the new pre-amp? I currently have the NTBT.

Should I just get a whole new pre-amp?

Thanks!

SB

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    1. How old is your bass?

2. The old preamps can go active / passive too. Bartolini offer more these days in the way of prewired harness options.

I have a Pedulla Rapture P/J 5, the space for a push / pull pot (and another 9v battery) underneath the pickguard is pretty tight. It can be done though.

3. Bass is a 2001 model.

Could this just be done with a dipswitch on the oursite?

I have the same bass as you, and there is a ton of room under that pickguard. I could get like 5 batteries in there...different routing maybe?

I think the passive tone on this bass would be nice if I could get a way to switch to it. I believe my current volume knob has a circuit board beneath it, so it is not replaceable.