Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bartolini Ps

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Davidoc, Mar 10, 2001.

1. What are your opinion on these? I am trying to decide what pickups to purchase. Bartolini seems to be a favored brand overall on this board. I was considering emg actives after advice, but i realized it was too expensive.

(EMG pickups sell for a good price, but when the electronics are added it sums up to alot.)

So are Bartolini Ps good pickups?

2. Old Blue

Old Blue

Mar 18, 2000
    Texas
    I put Bartolini 8S pickups in my Fender MIM P last year. The Barts are powerful and well rounded. They're a tremendous improvement over the stock pickups.

3. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    <P>
    <FONT FACE="Tahoma" SIZE=BIG>I've used the Bartolini 8S pickup on two separate occasions. Well worth the investment - nice warm, powerful</P></FONT>

4. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I almost put a Bart 8S in my '75 P and at the last minute got talked into trying a Rio Grande which turned out great. But I did put Barts in my '98 MIA Jazz and the difference was nothing less than remarkable. Based on my J experience I would not hesitate to put Barts in a P.

5. Incredibly clear, defined, and it doesn't sound harsh like my old one!