1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bartolini Ps

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Davidoc, Mar 10, 2001.

1. What are your opinion on these? I am trying to decide what pickups to purchase. Bartolini seems to be a favored brand overall on this board. I was considering emg actives after advice, but i realized it was too expensive.

(EMG pickups sell for a good price, but when the electronics are added it sums up to alot.)

So are Bartolini Ps good pickups?

2. Old Blue

Old Blue

Mar 18, 2000
    Texas
    I put Bartolini 8S pickups in my Fender MIM P last year. The Barts are powerful and well rounded. They're a tremendous improvement over the stock pickups.

3. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    <P>
    <FONT FACE="Tahoma" SIZE=BIG>I've used the Bartolini 8S pickup on two separate occasions. Well worth the investment - nice warm, powerful</P></FONT>

4. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I almost put a Bart 8S in my '75 P and at the last minute got talked into trying a Rio Grande which turned out great. But I did put Barts in my '98 MIA Jazz and the difference was nothing less than remarkable. Based on my J experience I would not hesitate to put Barts in a P.

5. Incredibly clear, defined, and it doesn't sound harsh like my old one!