Bartolini Rickenbacker pickups - wiring?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Fealach, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Digging through the pickup box I found a set of these, a 6RC bridge and the matching neck pickup. Unfortunately, I can't find any hint on how to wire them up. The Bart site states the bridge pickup is double coil and the neck is a P-type split coil. Anyone familiar with these pickups? I've put in pickups before, but I am not sure with these... each one has 4 little posts on the bottom, and both pickups are wired like so:

Post in upper left corner wired to bottom of pickup
    Post in bottom left corner unwired
    Post in upper right corner wired to post in lower right corner

Anyone have a recollection of how these things looked before
    the other wires fell off, or any ideas? Do I just use the unwired post
    as my "hot" wire and the one wired to the pickup as a ground?
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    The 6rc has four posts with a lead to each post and that's it. I got the single neck pup which is pretty rare so not the same but you can take a meter and determine beginning and ends of your coils and wire accordingly. If you're lucky, you might find a pair on ebay with a decent pic - either current or completed auction. And you could call any supplier like bestbassgear and they'll tell you I'm sure. Bart would probably be tough to reach.
  3. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Thanks for the tip - got a meter around here somewhere. I picked up a gutted Ibanez Ric copy cheap, and I've had the pickups for years, I'd like to put it together.