1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bartolini Singularity single coil soapbars

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by deckard, Dec 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. deckard

deckard

Apr 4, 2003
    Seattle
    Has anyone tried these? I've done a bit of searching but haven't discovered any threads or comments regarding them. Searching on the web, can't find much there either.

I went from Mike Lull-installed M34Cs to M34CBCs on my fretless and I like the CBCs quite a bit - but have always loved that single-coil sound, so am wondering what others may think of the Singularity pups.

Anybody??

2. tubby.twins

tubby.twins Amateur Pickup Reviewer Gold Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Oregon
    I honestly didn't know these existed until earlier today. I'm tempted to buy a set and try them out.

3. deckard

deckard

Apr 4, 2003
    Seattle
    I'd be very interested to hear/read what your opinion is if you try a set!!! ;)

4. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    If you already have the M34CBCs installed and you want single coil sound, all you need is simple modification of installing a coil splitting mini switch. Then you have the option of switching between dual coils sound or singles in a zip. Bartolini have even given the diagram for this on their website.

5. Just a bit of bumpage here...
    These pickups have been out for a while now... certainly SOMEONE has tried them

I can't find a review ANYWHERE....

6. sprag

sprag

Sep 15, 2011
    Melb Australia
    Ive been waiting for someone to take the plunge and post a review on these for a while. i'm between jobs so it won't be me

7. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    I too came here hoping for info. I need something new to replace blah mk1 Bart's.

8. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Bump. Is this the first time Bart has done a true single coil in a soapbar shape? Wondering if they sound like the 9J's I had in a previous Jazz bass...or better being true single coil...

9. bassplayer9512

bassplayer9512 Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    BUMP. Took the plunge. Just bought a set for a bass I am currently building. Found a set on sale at bestbassgear.com for $112 couldn't pass it up and always wanted barts.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    tubby.twins and Aram like this.
  10. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Nice! Let us know what you think! Very curious, as I love Barts, love single coils, and love Bart single coils (9Js), so these could be incredible pickups...

11. bassplayer9512

Sep 26, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    .......these are going in all my basses.

12. sprag

sprag

Sep 15, 2011
    Melb Australia
    That good huh? Any chance of clips

13. bassplayer9512

Sep 26, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    I was playing thru my Mesa D-180 set to flat and a bass I built as a test piece with a warmoth neck Wenge and ebony neck. It was like butter. it's the single coil tone I have been hunting for. you scoop the mid a bit, activated the bass boost and bright and it was and slap machine. I am going to get them in my bass that isn't my test piece hopefully next week. I also have some basses in the works if anyone is interested I may start posting the stuff I have been building lately.

Aram likes this.
  14. bassplayer9512

Sep 26, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    I will see if I can get a clip up this weekend.

15. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Very interested in these... Is that clip on the way?

16. bassplayer9512

Sep 26, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    Never made it to the practice space to record some audio. I am running the pickups in a standard jazz bass control set up with master tone and volume per pickup and am loving them. I love playing everything and it gets a nice crisp slap tone to a nice fat jazz bass tone. I will see if I can't make it there this week and get my guitar player to record.....I'll take requests now....

17. Sixgunn

Sixgunn

Jun 6, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    I don't wait 30 minutes after eating, to go swimming.
    I just ordered a set for my Mayones Comodous 5 today (EMG40 size) from Best Bass Gear. Those guys are really awesome!! I'll be checking back here after I try 'em.

18. Sixgunn

Sixgunn

Jun 6, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    I don't wait 30 minutes after eating, to go swimming.

19. I build a 4 string bass with a set of Bartolni Singularity, very killer tone!

bdplaid, tubby.twins and sprag like this.
  20. sprag

sprag

Sep 15, 2011
    Melb Australia
    WOW!