1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bartolini-tobias Help Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ajacquem, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Hi all,:help:

I got a second hand 5 strings Tobias (Gibson 1995 sn 2136) with modified electronics. As I want to sell it, i'd like to re-install the "as built" circuit but I could'nt find a scheme detailing the connections.:crying:
    The original material (got everything)is two Bartolini single coil pickups, XTCT-LZ module, DTA-1 Module, another module with 3 wires(no ref.!!!), blend, volume, bass, mid and trebble control and a switch.
    Could someone tell me where I can find a scheme with the wires colors and all the resistors values? or a picture of a similar system where connections and colors are visible in details?

Tried with Tobias and Bartolini...had no answer!!!

Many thankxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!

2. rpatter

rpatter Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
  3. Many thanks for the information,

it seems that the last diagram looks like the original one but these are two notable differences.

The MCT 375 module has only two wires (brown and black). Mine has three wires (Black, orange, purple).

On the original diagram of the Tobias, there was an additional switch ???? Was it a medium selection switch? Or a passive/active? It is not possible to be a Series/parallel or Single/Dual cause pickups are single coils...

4. rpatter

rpatter Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    Hmm. Have you tried asking Mike Tobias? I've talked to him a few times and found him to be very helpful. He may have some wiring diagrams for it.

Ralf

5. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    The soapbars are dual coil, which is why they're so quiet.
    The switch is an active/passive switch.