Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bartolini toggle switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by NicJimBass, Jul 19, 2005.

1. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, Source Audio, Hipshot
    I have a Bart 72MV5E Music Man replacement pickup that I'm going to use on a custom bass I'm building. The pup came with a wiring diagram showing a 3-way toggle switch with 12 (!) lugs on the bottom. Radio Shack had nothing even close. I know of DPDT swtiches, but I'm not sure what to call this one, or where to find one.... help! :help:

2. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
  3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

the Bart MME comes with wiring diagram showing a 4 Pole triple throw switch. Guitarelectronics.com has a 4 pole switch but it doesn't look like a mini from what I can tell. Try ebay or a google search for 4PTT mini-switch and see what you get. Maybe 4PDT or FPDT. Never have figured out how they come to call 3 postion double pole switches DPDT but they do and I've never tried tracking one downa 4 pole switch, although I've had an MME.

4. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, Source Audio, Hipshot
    Thanks! Guitar Electronics had what I needed.

I went to a local electronics store and he said that no such switch existed... doh!

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Yeh radio shack is more of a micro best buy and not really an electronics store at all, but they are convenient and do carry a few components of use.