1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bartolini toggle switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by NicJimBass, Jul 19, 2005.

1. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    64 Audio · DR Strings · Source Audio · Hipshot
    I have a Bart 72MV5E Music Man replacement pickup that I'm going to use on a custom bass I'm building. The pup came with a wiring diagram showing a 3-way toggle switch with 12 (!) lugs on the bottom. Radio Shack had nothing even close. I know of DPDT swtiches, but I'm not sure what to call this one, or where to find one.... help! :help:

2. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
  3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

the Bart MME comes with wiring diagram showing a 4 Pole triple throw switch. Guitarelectronics.com has a 4 pole switch but it doesn't look like a mini from what I can tell. Try ebay or a google search for 4PTT mini-switch and see what you get. Maybe 4PDT or FPDT. Never have figured out how they come to call 3 postion double pole switches DPDT but they do and I've never tried tracking one downa 4 pole switch, although I've had an MME.

4. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Is this thing on!? Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    64 Audio · DR Strings · Source Audio · Hipshot
    Thanks! Guitar Electronics had what I needed.

I went to a local electronics store and he said that no such switch existed... doh!

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Yeh radio shack is more of a micro best buy and not really an electronics store at all, but they are convenient and do carry a few components of use.