Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by relman, Sep 17, 2001.

1. Anyone have the PJ set? I am trying to find one to put into my washburn...what does it sound like?
  2. Anybody, Anybody, Bueller, Bueller?

(woohoo!, number 800!)
  3. I don't understand the question.

I have a P/J set in my Pedulla.

They work great together or apart.
    I played with a Marshall loving Guitar player who played loud. My heavy plucking style to keep up made me burn out the P pickup. I didn't replace it for years and i still sounded great with just the J pickup. After about 2 years I replaced the P and was blown away by what I had been missing.

What kind of Washburn? No need to put $100 pickups in a $100 bass.
  4. i know...i just love the neck and body...the picjups are crap's a 300 dollar bass...i guess i could start saving up for something better...
  5. I have a P/J set in my bass. i think it's an 8S (P pickup) and a 9W4-L (the J quad coil model). They sound great by themselves, but sound best when used together. The P pickup has a bit more output than the J, so make sure you get the height adjusted properly. If you have any questions, ask they guys at Bartolini.

All in all, great sound. They're very deep and ballsy. Sort of a vintage tone with a modern edge. Not too thumpy, not too clanky. A perfect middle ground.