Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bartolinis any good?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by metalgod502, Sep 23, 2003.

1. metalgod502

metalgod502 Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    il. U.S.A.
    how are bartolinis iv never played a bass with em and im thinking about getting some. how do they sound?

2. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    Bartolini makes a whole bunch of pickups. Are you looking for direct replacement? Plan on carving up that bass?. I have had great results out of a big humbucker I had installed into a Jbass and equally satisfactory results with direct replacement sized humbuckers (single coil sized) that I dropped into another Jbass by myself.

3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Bartolinis are generally very high quality. That doesn't say anything about the sound, though. Like jgsbass says, they make a bunch of pups. I'm not a big Bartolini fan, although I've played some basses with Barts that I thought were great. They're popular in boutique and high-end basses, which would tend to indicate that a lot of people like them.

I know that sounds a bit tentative or maybe even wishy-washy, but sound quality is pretty subjective.