1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bartolinis or bust?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ChunkyMunky, Oct 19, 2013.

1. ChunkyMunky

ChunkyMunky

Sep 4, 2013
    UK
    I've got the Ibanez SR800 finally through, it's a beast! I'm not so hot on the bright sound, though. I'm looking to utilize the presumably versatile P/J combination and go for something that can cover a lot of bits. Perhaps throwing in some sort of passive/active switch? I recently checked out the Bartolini stuff and I LOVE the sound of them. The problem however, is that I have no idea about installation and anything else like that. Have I opened up an attractive can of worms on myself here?

Cheers!

2. gbarcus

gbarcus Commercial User

Jul 20, 2008
    Minneapolis & St.Paul, MN
    Owner of Barcus Basses barcusbasses.com
    The NTMB line has just about every configuration, so finding one with the same layout shouldn't be too hard.
    I've found matching up the different connection points between the two different preamps and transferring one wire at a time is a pretty easy way to go.
    I always make sure I tape the entire area out before letting a soldering iron near it.