Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bartonlini deals?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by zavala, Mar 10, 2003.

1. zavala

zavala

Mar 6, 2003
    Tennessee
    does anyone know where i could buy some bartonlini products at a deal price either on the internet or local in Tenn.? thanks justin

2. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    Jack Read sells them at a good price. readcustom.com

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

From all the hunting I've done in the past, Jack Read's Bart prices are as good as anyone's....just as Matt mentions. Barts are a "seller's market", not a "buyer's market." Like any fine gear, the sellers only go so low.....there aren't any "deals" like some kind of Musician's Fiend "price war."

Three things that can separate the sellers are

1. the range of Bart models they can get for you at the lowest price; there are a number of vendors with good prices.........as long as you want something from the limited number of Bart models they offer
    2. how quickly they can get your Barts for you
    3. product knowledge

For example, I found others out there with pricing as good as the price I got for my Barts from Grasshopper at www.basscentral.com . But, whereas Grasshopper could get them within 2 weeks, the other vendors needed at least a month to get them.

Second example - Grasshopper at basscentral.com knows Bart BASS pups/preamps inside and out. They don't deal in guitar components. Bass gear is all they deal in for a living. Your desire for Bart BASS electronics isn't secondary to their customer demand for guitar electronics made by Bartolini.

4. ModulusAcacia

ModulusAcacia Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 22, 2000
    Middletown/Cincy, OH WHO-DEY!
    owner: J. Kennedy Guitar Repair, Guitar tech for Walk the Moon
    JACK READ! JACK READ! JACK READ!!!!! On top of having great prices he's a wealth of knowledge for anything bass construction/modification related. :) Like Rick said though, Bass Central is pretty good as well, I've never dealt with them on p-u's but for about everything else they're tops as well.

Justin K.

5. zavala

zavala

Mar 6, 2003
    Tennessee
    how would one go about getting in touch with this "Jack Read" thanks:p :p :p

6. ModulusAcacia

ModulusAcacia Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 22, 2000
    Middletown/Cincy, OH WHO-DEY!
    owner: J. Kennedy Guitar Repair, Guitar tech for Walk the Moon