Barts in a 5 string mexi jazz

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RockBottom, May 15, 2001.

1. I recently installed a set of Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders in a friends Fender Bullet bass. While checking the final results, which were quite good, I decided to compare them to my MIM Jazz V. I had been satisfied with the sound from the stock setup on the Jazz (until now). Upon hearing the difference between the stock MIM pups and the SD's I realized they had to go. I ordered a set of Bartolini 59J pickups from Mars Music. These are a set of humbuckers in a single jbass style pickup. Actually two of them, neck and bridge.
    They are shorter than the stock pickups and the mounting centers are a bit closer together than stock. I had to hog out a little wood from the body for the mounts and do a little work on the pickguard for the neck pickup. I used a Dremel with a quarter inch round file. While shorter, they are long enough to extend beyond the b and g strings and sense them. This is a great upgrade, I am completely satisfied with the sound. Pretty much precision bass on the neck and some growl if you turn up the bridge