1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Barts in a Warwick

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Kin Korn Karn, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Hi folks, quick question.

Any of you bass overlords out there ever put Bartolini electronics in a Warwick? What pickups and preamp did you use? What were the results?I'm curious because you never hear of Barts in a Warwick but I know someone has to have done it.

2. I was gonna do it to my Corvette 4 but after talking to a few other bassists that were familiar with this combo said that barts arent really voiced well for such a "woody" sounding bass, so I never did it. Just my 2 cents.;)

3. That's odd, because Barts are used in basses made of some seriously premium woods. The Warwick in question is a Corvette Proline, with a maple body.

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    back in the day, some warwicks came stock with barts. ime, the thumbs sound great with barts. i dunno about corvettes.

5. my teachers thru-neck thumb 6 has got barts in it, they were already in it when warwick gave it to him though, its one of the older ones i think.
    it sounds really nice, tight and growly

*Si*

6. Now, after I was -easily- talked out of trying a set of Barts to accompany my new (used) U-retro preamp for my Warwick I bought a set of used Duncan Quarter Pounders last week instead, I have not installed either yet but now I am thinking about Barts again, I am so easily influenced, I am looking for a aggressive (not so hi-fi) tone, any suggestions anyone? I got most of my pickup knowledge from the bass player mag pickup shootout, not from expeirience, I have only had the passive MEC p/u's & electronics in my Warwick the whole time & I am pretty sure the U-retro pre & a good set of P/U's will drastically improve what is a (IMHO) pretty good sounding bass already, ya think?

7. I'm mainly looking for a warm sound out of this bass so Barts are my natural first thought.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Excuse me for saying so, but I LOVE YOUR ****ING NAME. That Pro Wrestling Nintendo game was sweet, I was always that starfaced ninja guy.

9. I think you should stay with the Duncans, because they tend to sound a lot more agressive than Barts IMO, although I prefer Barts