Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Barts in BTB

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Well, as you probably know Ibanez are going to be putting Barts into the BTB510/515 and BTB1000/1005 basses, but one thing is bugging me - what type of pickups will they be?

Quad coil, voiced bright, deep, deepest, what? And the preamp will be Bart also, but will it be the NTMB or something else?

Thanks in advance,

PF

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i would GUESS it'd be the mk1's like the cort artisan and the lakland 55-01 has, among other basses....

but that's only a guess.

jason

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Supposedly, they're going to be USA barts, which is why the no-price-hike was a shocker! I'd bet they'll at least be USA barts in the 100x, but who knows about the 50x.

The preamp will be the same preamp that's in the BTBs now, which isn't a bad preamp.

4. The Vari-Mid 3 is a good preamp IMO, that probably explains the no-hike - preamps are more expensive, especially Bart ones.

It doesn't make sense to me to not use USA Barts in the 51x series(50x is a different spec'd bass - best place to look for complete model guide is http://www.ibanez.co.jp), as the 51x and 100x always had the same electronics, just different woods and construction care. The both even have the off-centre neck. The 51x always looked like a toned down version of the 100x, rather than a beefed up version of the 40x.

Just IMHO.

5. Actually it is also a Bartolini 18V preamp with a mid freq selector.

Geoff

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Where did you read that? The two news clips I read on it both said that it kept the original preamp because they felt it wasn't in need of upgrade.